Midnight Snack Series
You know that feeling that sneaks up on you when you’re up late at night, watching Netflix, playing games, or reading a book - Midnight Hunger. You’ve already had dinner, so you don’t want another meal. You don’t want to go to bed hungry, but you don’t want to get too full either.
Our Midnight Snack series features ideas to cure this Midnight Hunger!
This month’s favorites are Oreo Popcorn and Banana Split Bites. Both recipes are easy, quick, and include ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. Make enough to share, keep leftovers for tomorrow night, or just enough to curb your craving and satisfy your tummy.
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 1 bag popcorn, popped
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Pop your popcorn and remove any un-popped kernels. Put popcorn in a large bowl.
- Place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush into pieces, or place into food processor and pulse several times to finely chop (do not reduce them to dust).
- Heat chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth and melted.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn and mix to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle cookie pieces over popcorn and mix to coat evenly.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
Banana Split Bites
Makes 12 Servings
- 3 Bananas
- ¼ lb Cored Pineapple
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 cup Dipping Chocolate
- ¼ cup Chopped Peanuts*
- 12 Popsicle Sticks (or skewers)
- Cut strawberries in half.
- For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Place pineapple on stick/skewer, then banana, then strawberry.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Put chopped nuts* in small plate to use for dipping.
- Heat chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until melted and smooth.
- Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts*, and place on prepared tray.