Midnight Snack Series
Our Midnight Snack series features ideas to cure Midnight Hunger.
This month’s favorites are Cake Batter Dip and Ice Cream Floats. Whether you're having a bonfire with friends or a quiet night in, these easy-to-make snacks are perfect for a warm summer night.
Red, White, & Blue Cake Batter Dip
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1 cup white cake mix, dry
- 1/2 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Beat or stir together the cream cheese, cool whip, and cake mix until fully combined.
- Stir in the majority of the sprinkles.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Serve with fruit, crackers, or cookies.
Patriotic Ice Cream Float
- Cream soda or ginger ale
- Vanilla ice cream
- Blue liquid food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Place a scoop (or two) of ice cream in the bottom on your glass.
- Pour soda into a measuring cup. Stir in blue food dye one drop at a time until your soda has turned a deep blue.
- Slowly pour blue soda into float glass.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry.