1. For those of you who aren’t aware of this truly awesome day, Galentine’s Day was coined by superwoman Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation.
2. It’s traditionally celebrated the day before V day, and it’s much more fun.
3. It’s the perfect chance to get your best gals together: your friends, your mum, your coworkers, that lady who works in your favourite coffee shop with the amazing hair, get all those women together and CELEBRATE.
4. Cherish your fond memories, make plans for the future and talk about how much you ADORE each other (preferably in song).
5. Why? Because romantic relationships are fleeting, and messy and Valentine’s Day makes a lot of people feel miserable.
6. But friendships are EVERYTHING:
7. You and your lady friends don’t play games with each other, there’s none of that “WHEN CAN I TEXT?” nonsense.
8. Friends don’t lie to each other or sugar coat anything.
9. Yet you support all of each other’s crazy endeavours.
10. Your BFF is there for you, regardless of what time it is or where they are.
11. You can ask them for anything, whether you need a tampon, a hug or a pre-date pep talk.
12. You can ask them whatever is on your mind, no need to feel embarrassed.
13. They’ll never take the last pizza/waffle/glass of wine away from you.
14. Your best pal can anticipate your every need because you basically share the same brain.
15. And a wildly inappropriate sense of humour.
16. You can be a hot mess in front of each other, and zero judgment will be passed.
17. Friends know exactly what kind of gifts to get each other, you don’t have to put on a “ah thanks for these roses, I won’t tell you I don’t own a vase” smile.
18. Which is important because Galentine’s Day is all about excellent gifts
19. You unlock your true dance potential when you’re dancing with your BFF.
And we strongly recommend you do a LOT of dancing on Galentine’s Day.
20. Also, make sure you make a playlist of powerful female anthems.
21. And pose for plenty of pictures.
22. And Galentine’s is even more perfect if you combine it with another Parks and Rec philosophy:
23. So no matter what you do, make sure you treat your friends to the most amazing day EVER.
And repeat this mantra over and over again: